----- Original Message -----
From: "Pereira, Jorge M"

> From Jorge Pereira - Jpereira@xxxxxxxx
>
> Trades and drafts are far from my expertise but from a common sense point
of view I say we will not lose Blount come next year.  He is the most
valuable player we have right now in the sense that we cannot survive
without a center and couldn't get anything close to his level if he left.
Raef is overrated and expensive and not an imposing center, rather a mix
PF/center. Mihm still finding himself.

> I know this is a big jump in people's minds, but today (not in Obie time
or developing time, today!) only Shaq and Duncan are better, Garnett maybe
even. Yao getting there. In a speed up offense, only Duncan and Garnett
would match him.  For me it's a no brainer.  Sign him as the top priority,
even up to 10 million, preferably in the 5-8 mil range. Everything else is
secondary.