John Carroll is a stupid idiot (and re: Let's Play)

OK Gene here's my attempt on the offending qoutes  -- from Carroll the
Idiot about rebounding

 From the Globe:

> "I talked to the team [Tuesday] and gave them a State of the Union as
> far as I was concerned, where we were and what we're not good at,
> where we need to improve, what we need to do," said Carroll. "Probably
> the two biggest things that I saw, that were glaring to me, were our
> rebounding, which has been a problem all year, and our turnovers.

Even more stunningly idiotic, from the Herald:

> The rebounding issue looked to be improving strongly after Brandon
> Hunter  [news] was put into the lineup, but the rookie has had some
> problems on offense, and now Carroll is looking elsewhere for glass
> assistance.
>
>      ``I think I need to get Chris Mihm some more minutes and see if
> we can get some better rebounding from him, because I think that he's
> a little farther along than maybe Brandon, in terms of offensively,''
> Carroll said. ``So I'm kind of committed to trying to get Chris in
> with Walt (McCarty) and Mark Blount  [news] and see if we can get
> those three guys to help us in our rebounding.
>
>     ``I think Brandon will be able to help us in some games down the
> stretch; I just don't know if I can count on him to do as much as is
> needed here in these last 11 games. I thought he was a nice shot in
> the arm, and he may have to do that for us at some point, in some
> quarter or some half, and especially if we have a team that's just
> really killing us on the glass. But I think that Walt and Chris
> understand some of the other concepts offensively and defensively a
> little better.''

So Hunter is now the problem -- because he's not as far along
offensively.  Truly ridiculous.  Hunter will be used sparingly --
unless its a team thats "really killing us on the glass", otherwise
we'll just let them kill (not REALLY kill) us on the glass.

OK I did a quick analysis of our rebounding woes -- maybe a bit
oversimplified but illustrative:

In the first 12 games of the Idiot Era (otherwise known as the John
Carroll era) we were outrebound 10 times.  the Celts record in those
games: 1 -11

With the addition of Atkins and the insertion of Hunter to the starting
lineup, we out rebounded the other team 3 of the next 4 teams and went
3 -1.  Over that span Hunter averaged: 32 min & 10.7 reb.

For the next 9 games we were out rebouded in 8 of 9 games and went 5
-4.  Hunter averaged 10 min & 2 reb in that span.

So for the 21 games when hunter didn't play much we went 6-18 and were
outrebounded 20 out of 22 games.  With Hunter starting and playing we
went 3 -1 and outrebounded the other team 3 of 4 games.

And so Carroll is going to fix the rebounding problem -- without
Hunter.  Genius, you Idiot!  I just hope and pray that Ainge is not
that stupid and that the next coach sees that Hunter can actually
address one of our biggest problems: rebounding.

(the other) frustrated Mark