Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] What about the Q

In a message dated 3/23/04 11:22:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jtcraider2002@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> He is one of Dannys favorite players a davis and hunter for Q and Ely works
> Money was throw in a #1 and they might do it.if late one is not enough we
> can throw in a few #2's (we have 2 in 05)
>
> L.A. Clippers trades:  SG Quentin Richardson (17.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.0
> apg in 35.8 minutes)
>  PF Melvin Ely (3.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.9 minutes)
> L.A. Clippers receives:  SF Ricky Davis (13.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.4 apg
> in 31.0 minutes)
>  PF Brandon Hunter (3.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.4 minutes)
> Change in team outlook: -4.3 ppg, -0.9 rpg, and +1.4 apg.
>
> Boston trades:  SF Ricky Davis (13.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.4 apg in 31.0
> minutes)
>  PF Brandon Hunter (3.8 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 11.4 minutes)
> Boston receives:  SG Quentin Richardson (17.7 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 2.0 apg
> in 62 games)
>  PF Melvin Ely (3.9 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 34 games)
> Change in team outlook: +4.3 ppg, +0.9 rpg, and -1.4 apg.
>
> TRADE ACCEPTED

Raider,

As much as I'd love to add Q to the C's roster for next season, I wouldn't
want it to be at the expense of Ricky.

Hunter can go as far as I'm concerned. I don't get the clamor and whining
about "he should be getting minutes and not McCarty". Hunter is what he is: an
undersized PF that has limited skills and can be a decent role player when
matched against certain opponents but he is not good enough to be a starting PF on
a championship club. There was a reason why he was passed over by 28 GMs not
once but twice. End of discussion.

And the thing that is really funny to begin with re: the incessant whining
for Hunter playing instead of McCarty, the only reason McCarty is playing at all
is because of Raef's surgery and Baker's relapse. As I recall, McCarty
registered beaucoup DNP-CDs at the beginning of the season when Baker was playing
well and Raef was available, right? If  there is any clamor about McCarty
playing too many minutes, then IMO Perkins should be the guy that fans clamor to
receive those minutes; not Hunter.

But I digress. I had no problem w/ the missed dunk against the Lakers. None
whatsoever. He was trying to light a fire under the fans to get them into the
game. He had that monster jam against the Twolves a few nights before that woke
the Twolves crowd up and was looking to bring the crowd back into the game as
the C's were trailing at the time.

Ricky is a supremely talented offensive player that has also worked hard to
fit in and do alot of the little things. He has a very cap friendly contract.
He has a midrange game that very few players possess in the current era. He can
drop 20 points on you in the blink of an eye. Those kind of players are rare
and special.

if I were to trade someone, it would be Chris Mihm. He has not taken
advantage of a golden opportunity since coming over from Cleveland IMO. Fans lament
the fact that Blount is in an option year and is basically playing for a new
contract. Thus, cynicism abounds that he is only putting up #s to get that fat
new contract.

Well, Mihm is playing for his next contract as well. Raef went down, Baker is
gone, and the only other bigs on the roster are an undersized PF and a HS kid
and a never was in Yogi Stewart yet he still can't seem to  seize the moment.
Blount is seizing his newfound expanded opportunity; Mihm is not. I like Mihm
but if he could be used to acquire another missing piece to the roster, I'd
trade him in a heartbeat; especially if it means keeping Blount.

Fans say it's a mistake to give Blount MLE size contract. Well, in a league
void of true big men and where big men are routinely overpaid, the MLE is chump
change to keep a legit "5". What FA center is available for MLE type money
(or less) who can produce better #s than Blount? And Mihm next year is scheduled
to make $4M. Fans are OK with paying Mihm $4M but not Blount. Go figure. And
the biggest kicker of all is that Yogi who flat out stinks will make MLE type
money next year at $4.8M to sit on the bench

CeltsSteve

"Turn Ricky Loose!"