Re: Blount

don't think anyone questions his right to look elsewhere. <<<

**Oh I'm sure some do, but that wasn't my point, was it.**

              I don't know, but it was my point and that's why I wrote it.

more
professional ways to go about letting your feelings be known rather then
yapping about how you're out of here in the locker room and the team bus. How
does
that help foster team unity? Wasn't it just a couple of weeks ago people
were talking about Blount showing leadership?<<<<<<<

**Well try it out on the people who were. It certainly wasn't me, if anyone
was (I honestly don't recall it, but I don't read all of every post).**

     Again, no one said you did.  The word was PEOPLE, not YOU.
                                          I'm not in the habit of making
things up.  I certainly did read it.  Here and elsewhere as well.
   Here is one such post.  It doesn't really matter who wrote it but the link
is here also for anyone who would like to know.

~~~I think the dustup between Davis and Blount is a great development for a
bunch of reasons. First, Ricky needed to be reprimanded for his antics.
Second,
Blount needed to get over the trade. When these things come to a head like
this,
it allows the team to get it issues out on the table and both Blount and
Ricky hopefully will have a new respect for each other. Lastly, Blount may
have
taken a veteran leadership role on the team. Along with Chucky, you may now
have
some veteran leadership to call out guys which we were lacking or doing
something nonproductive. So I see this as a very good development.
http://www.igtc.com/archives/celtics/2004/Mar/msg00538.html~~~~~~~~~

staffers haven't been very happy with one of those two guys. But guess what?
It's not Davis I don't know about any of you but I don't want my leader
running
around talking about how he can't wait to leave. <<<<

**Come on Tammo, that's pure straw man argument. You're smarter than that.
Most people don't consider Blount a leader nor has he made any pretense to being
one. Blame him for things he deserves, not that sort of set up nonsense.**

                              Once again you fail to understand my point.  It
wasn't that Blount is a horrible leader or any kind of leader really.  My
point was that a)he isn't acting professionally which has to be a distraction to
the rest of the team and b)it should serve as a lesson to those of us who
think they know what's going on behind the scenes simply by using conjecture from
what they've read or heard in the media.  That is rampant among fans
everywhere, but even more so among some of the Celtics boards I visit.

                **It also opens questions about why your hero, who IS
officially tabbed team leader and calls himself such doesn't do more about the
fellowship problems there have been all year, without even getting into things he's
done that can be seen as counter to team unity.**
                                                  First of all, the only hero
I've ever had in my life was my grandfather and he passed away 8 years ago.
Secondly, what fellowship problems would you be talking about?  Besides the
incident in question I haven't heard anything about a lack of team unity.  And
we have no idea what has been said to Blount or who might be saying it. Now do
we?
                                         Kim, I don't know why you can't seem
to respond to anything I write without being argumentative and condescending.
 Maybe that's just your style because I've seen it in posts to others as
well.  It is possible to disagree with someone without being disagreeable.
     It's much easier to carry on a civil discussion when you don't feel like
you're being personally attacked.

TAM