From: R Howe <regmanw6@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mar 22, 2004 2:36 PM
To: Shawn Niles <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Celtics list <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Blount

Agree with the positives written about Blount's play, not only recently, but for most of the season (discounting the period just after Obie's departure). He raises some questions with his inspired contract drive play.

He has been very public about his displeasure over Obie and his old gang leaving and with Ainge's hand in it all. He is not leaving much room for misinterpretation of his emotions to leave here. Someone asked about sign and trade possibilities. How would this work? would the C's go through his agent to seek sign and trade partners? I was first of the opinion if he was not at least open to re-upping here then why give him a stage to show his wares. But I am know of the mind that raising his value can be good for the C's provided that a sign and trade avenue is open. Anyone with a handle on this maneuver please chime in.

My preference would be to sign him for something less than the MLE but I think that to be impossible. If we were to trade him then what should we be expecting back. A draft pick? expiring contract? a decent role player? or garbage?

It is going to be an interesting off season, new coach, the draft, Blount decision, Baker saga coming to an end (hopefully), and maybe a MLE signing. Of course all this after an extended playoff run...... I can hope cant I?

Go Celts!!