RE: Hey, draftniks

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of gene kirkpatrick

I saw the BYU beast yesterday vs. Syracuse?  I doubt he's a
first-rounder, but he is a load with good hands.

Enjoying the tournament so far.  Sorry I won't get to see Arizona's
Iduola.

I got to see the Rafael Araujo(BYU) also, and agree he doesn't look like
a first rounder.  Not as good as Mihm.  Gene, you missed out on not
seeing Igoudala.  Best SF prospect I've seen in college (better than
Luol Deng) because of his star type body control near the basket.  He
has a Richard Jefferson/Grant Hill build with longer arms.

For posters who don't follow college much, here's some quick opinions on
some of the more obscure(less TV time) college players I've recently
watched, who've been touted as draft prospects by some articles.  I'll
compare them to NBA players with the same height/bodytype and playing
style.

Devin Harris(Wisconsin) - Arenas - Tall shifty PG who drops 29 pts on
people in the flow of the game(no selfish stuff) and still sets
teammates up.  He's a better pg prospect than Antonio Daniels was
because he has decent court vision.

David Harrison(Colorado) - Chris Kaman - A little bodyfat, but powerful
and can score in the post.

Blake Stepp (Gonzaga) - Hinrich - Shoots from NBA range all the time in
college games.  Not as athletic as Kirk, but just as calm, smart, and
instinctive.  Stockton has said he's the best Zag ever at this age.

Ronny Turiaf (Gonzaga) - Chris Wilcox - A PF, not sf/pf tweener,
Excellent rebounder with long arms.  Doesn't have the postup skills or
banger mentality of his PF partner Corey Violet who I think will
surprise NBA scouts.

Kirk Snyder(Nevada) - Kedrick Brown - He's really built, can hit a 3 but
isn't a smooth ballhandler/passer.

Andre Barret(Seton Hall) - Boykins - Excellent assist man and shooter
but too short.  Plays against Marbury at Rucker Park in the summers.

Araujo(BYU) - Jason Collins.

Paul Davis(Michigan State) - DeClercq - Big and strong, but not that
coordinated on post moves.

Luke Jackson(Oregon) - Richie Frahm - Good shooter, limited athlete,
o.k. handles but slowww.