Re: What's up with Hunter?

I guess we will not be seeing Hunter, Mihm or Banks, except for limited minutes or only when they get in a zone during their limited minutes, that and never mind even seeing a Perkins or Jones judging by snippets in the papers by coach Carrol. After all we are in a playoff push and have to play the "best" players extended mins, shorten the rotation and all that.

You could see this coming, the hustle and play and more even distributed PT to Hunter, Mihm, Banks, Davis along with arrival of new acquisition Atkins contributed to getting the Celts jump started from their self-induced, near-death experience that lasted all Feb. The "best" players of course had the greatest hand in the swoon, essentially giving up, using the turmoil excuse. Now we are to believe that they are the answer and have to be played to get us to the playoff promised land. Carrol at least believes this, give the keys to the inmates, for him its the easiest path to the 7-8th playoff spot; a lot harder to get there while developing players such as Banks or Perkins or get a extended look-see of Mihm or Jones all of whom he will not be coaching next year. He needs to show immediate success for the possible one shot bid that can be a head coach, much like his mentor Obie. So get used to seeing Binkie Waltah getting extended PT, heaving long shots and acting as a 2nd SF while
 occupying the PF spot. Besides some occasional running, Carrol will use Waltah a lot to spread the floor for Pierce or Davis. Extended PT for Waltah works well about once every 6 or so games when he is on, of course when he is not, Jiri, Davis and Pierce have to be on to make up for the boards and second chance Pt's from the other team. Oh well, Its not so much that I - HATE - Waltah !! or what he brings, rather its opportunity lost during this season to see the players I mentioned above that will be on the team next year getting PT (Waltah & Blount by his comments, will not). If we barely make the playoffs in large part because of using Waltah and Blount then making the playoffs IMHO is less useful going forward and will be fools gold.

Despite all this, enjoyed the 3rd qtr when the C's made the effort to push the ball. enjoyed another gritty 4th qtr that led to victory, and yes have to give Waltah his props for his play. Pierce to me set the tone with all around team play, working the boards hard when Waltah was in, and playing good "D" of course Atkins played great also. All this was needed to put away a decent Denver team. Now comes the Texas two step.

Go Celts!

Mark Piotrowski <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hate to sound like a broken record but ... someone's got to sacrifice
so Waltah can play 37 minutes.

Oh, that and John Carroll is an Idiot.

(the other) mark

On Mar 18, 2004, at 8:19 AM, Dan Forant wrote:

> Why is Hunter a no show all of a sudden. A few games in the limelight
> and
> whoosh he's a no show.
>
> DanF

Do you Yahoo!?