RE: Hunter's PT

Agreed. Good win tonight, but again Hunter doesn't get a sniff in the 2nd half while Walter gives up numerous offensive rebounds to Thomas and Jefferson. It never should have been that close and wouldn't have been if Hunter was playing.

From: gene kirkpatrick <gk_tyler@xxxxxxxxx>
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Hunter's PT
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:50:11 -0800 (PST)

I only see the nationally televised games (my choice) and so my vision is limited. Still, against Minn. Hunter did well against Olowokandi and Garnett, two seven footers. He did well against Toronto's classy forward (the old guy)--sorry, names escape me too often these days. So, I think he should be allowed to adjust against whomever he's playing rather than jerked because he gets a shot blocked or because someone reaches over him once. He has learned well how to compensate against taller opponents; let him do it at this level, if he can. I suspect that with his fundamentals of blocking out and bumping for space, that he can hold his own. He's much better, I think, than the coach allows. Plus, what if, just what if he's really really good? Shouldn't we find that out?

And, if I'm right, which I take for granted, then Perkins should also be given some real PT. Nice talking with you. Gene

Do you Yahoo!?

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963