Re: Ainge Watch Ainge Watch Ainge Watch

Responding to Ray's post:

... "Worst GM since MJ"  ...  Wow. Talk about hyperbole and piling on.
This is just ridiculous. You can question some of the guy's moves, and
maybe this statement will prove to be true eventually. But now? After
about a year on the job? Wow.

... Phil Jackson ... Never happen. Phil doesn't do rebuilding. His next
coaching job, if there is a next coaching job, will be with a team on
the verge of winning it all - just like his current job and the one
before it. Nothing wrong with that.

... Dorrell Wright ... He's gaining more and more momentum. Since his
name came up a couple of weeks ago, I've seen it bandied about in
several other places. And there has been some glowing praise. Who knows?
Is he Kedrick Brown or Tracy McGrady? That's why Ainge gets the big
bucks and I'm about to have a microwavable chicken pot pie.

... Sheldon Williams ... "in the mold of Boozer and Brand ... " When you
say "in the mold of" do you mean "plays for the same school?" Because
that's the only similarity I see. Williams has had a nice season and is
one of the more improved big guys in the country, but Boozer and Brand
were difference-makers and impact players at the college level. Sheldon
Williams isn't. He might be a decent pro, but he's not in the same
stratosphere as Boozer or Brand.

... Immanuel McElroy ... He played at the University of Cincinnati and
was considered a defensive standout. He was Conference USA Defensive
Player of the Year one year, and named to some national all-defensive
teams. He wasn't considered a prospect because he wasn't much of a
shooter. Good athlete, though. Played hard. Here's a link to a lot of
information about the guy: http://bearcatnews.com/wherenow/bio.php?ID=52
Sounds like he'll be a summer league tryout for someone.

... Antoine is a mess in Dallas. He might just opt out of that contract
and go to some lousy team for less money just to get to play big minutes
and control the ball. He looked miserable last night. Played miserable
too. It reminded me how much I DO NOT miss the Antoine Experience.

Mark