RE: Twan rearing his ugly head

I do look at it from both perspectives. Dallas has one redeeming deature from the trade. They get a shorter contract. That's it. But the shorter contract that is Antoine will cost them a chance at a title this year and also next year if they are not able to ship Antoine out. Any team that has Antoine on it will never win a title. Write that down. I doubt the folks in Dallas are happy that Antoine has made the team worse and that he is hindering them from having any chance of winning a title. They were much closer last year without Antoine. I think they'd take Raef and the hit he puts on the cap back in a second if it meant returning Antoine.

From: "Sean Giovanello" <sgiovanello@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Shawn Niles'" <shizzjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx>,<celtics@xxxxxxxx>
CC: <celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Twan rearing his ugly head
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:09:21 -0500

I don't think its grasping at straws.  Every deal has plusses and
minuses for each team involved.  The Mavs reasons for this deal were
very different than the Celts.

Walker has some worth to them on the court and admittedly he is playing
bad now.  However, he really represents 2 years for 28 millions versus 5
years and 50+.  That's basically some real cap room for the Mavs.  It
clears up a mistake for them and allows the Mavs to resign Nash if they
want to this summer.

For the Celts, we took on a long term cost in Raef for a short term gain
(cap room in the short term) and hopefully production more along the
lines of what Danny wants.

I am not dissing Danny on this deal - though I still don't think it was
the right one.  I am just pointing out that Dallas had very different
reasons for wanting this deal and that in weighing whether it works for
them it makes sense to look at it from multiple perspectives.  However,
I doubt you will do that. You have your script and endlessly you stick
to it.