RE: Why Ainge is hated.

From: Mark Piotrowski <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Why the Ainge Hatred?

...I really can't fathom why every sportswriter seems to have it out for
Ainge.

========
 I say mostly 4.

4.  Pack journalism -- either b/c they're asked to do more in less time
or b/c they're just lazy -- these writers and commentators are just
parroting what each other write/say.

There are so many things to follow about 1 team, just imagine trying to keep up with 24 (?) and that's just NBA.  A good journalist is like a good horse player.  He follows the sport very closely and is able to see the future, the trends, is it going up or down, bet it before the crowd.  There are very few of those.  We're lucky, we can predict the future here amongst ourselves and only look like fools in front of a few people.

Still, I could see the Marlins beating the Yankees, I really felt the Patriots were going to beat the Rams 3 superbowls ago, etc. and not many of the experts did.

Do you really think these guys (especially the nationals) have taken more than a quick glance at the stats every few days when it comes to the C's?

And what do they see?  Pierce is still getting a lot of pts.  Team getting outrebounded.  Carroll who?  Brandon who? Ricky, Banks, Jiri the future? (laughter)  Another loss, a win vs. nobody.

When things become obvious to all, they join the bandwagon.  No money there anymore.

My favorite type of interview is from former players, coaches, people in the know who are involved with a team on a daily basis such as team sportscasters.  NBA TV has lots of those, often unknowns who can give you valid insights into different teams and other situations even if sometimes they have to say the right things about their employers.