Re: Dr. Brain earning his keep

   I'm not quite sure what Egg's driving at here, whether she's being serious or not.  But it seems simple to me:  Ainge has a clearly expressed vision of the team he wants and he is taking strong steps to get it.  If some don't like his vision, fine - stay away.  But to call it a failure at this point is just ignorant.  To call it a smashing success right now is also ignorant.
    And if Egg is being semi-serious here (I really don't know if she is or not!) then what about the brain doc?  I forget what his credentials are.  Is he a psychologist?  Anything wrong with input from a psychologist?  Lots of golfers and tennis players have regular sports psychologists.
     I think Ainge is being about as open and honest as a GM can be.  Few sports execs would acknowledge any merit at all in getting into the lottery, but not Danny - a high pick is a high pick and that ain't a bad thing.
   Plus, he's GM of the Celtics, the only GM we got, and that warrants giving him lots of breaks.  I welcomed Pitino, thinking he was a reasonable bet.  I was wrong.  Too bad.  Next?
    Finally, one more word on Walker:  can anyone think of another player like him in the amazing amount of talent combined with some sort of ... toxicity?  Basketball stupidity?  Ego?  There are plenty of mediocre players with upside and downside, but Good Antoine belongs on any all-star team you care to name; Evil Antoine deserves the bench.  Go figure.