Re: Sons of Gene

The truth of the matter is with Banks (who is Ainge's guy and will be
given every opportunity to sputter), Atkins, and a possible Sign and Trade
for Barry (might do it that way), Danny isn't going to add a PG via
the draft.

However, I can quickly solve the Celics PG problem.

Draft Sebastian Telfair
with the lottery pick - Livingston not likely to be available, where the Celtics
would be drafting. Telfair is Isiah evil and that's good for on-the-court play.
Really he's like a slightly taller TJ Ford with a shooting touch.

A non-lottery choice of a point, probably means someone like Ray Felton,
a bigger version of TJ Ford. And except for his poor shooting, he is
everything you want in a point.  Jameer Nelson is very good but short, and
unlike Banks, a true PG.  The guy from Wisconsin, 6-3 Devin Harris,
could be a sleeper. There's the possibility he could develop into a Gilbert Arenas
type of player. He seems to be rising in the draft and 11 - 17 is
where he'll likely be taken.  Who else: Ben Gordon is like Joe Dumars;
TJ Parker could be of interest; Marcus Moore is big and can pass; Duhon seems
destined for the second round.

Here's a second round sleeper for you:   Blake Stepp from Gonzaga:
He's a stepp slow, but can pass, shoot, run a team, and at 6-4 would be the
tall PG that Ainge seeks.  I think he goes somewhere in the 30s.

Best foreign PG available is Saraunas Jasekivicius, who you could sign as
a free agent.  The other draftable International PGs seem to be a a raw bunch
indeed.
 Ray