The Ricktator on Westphal

Boston coach Rick Pitino was more than a little surprised at Westphal's
dismissal in Seattle.

"I think there's deserved and there's undeserved," Pitino said. "I think Paul
Westphal's thing is absolutely undeserved. My belief is if you can't get along
with Paul Westphal, you have a serious problem. If you can't get along with
him, you'd better examine yourself, because he's always been one of the easier
people to get along with in this league.

"He's always been known as a true players' coach. He got his criticism before
(in Phoenix), I think, because they were saying he didn't incorporate enough
discipline, right? But if you can't get along with this man, who are you going
to get along with?

"It's a shame because I think Paul's a good teacher of the game of basketball.
But this is how it goes with these kind of things right now. You know, I'm not
sure, but it seems like the players are always probably going to win in that
situation."