I'm Still Here

All right, I'm still here, I've eaten so no dinner to waste tonight.  The
Celtics are like a wounded animal and you wonder whether it is more humane
to let him die than go through the effort of another game.  It's now 26 13
and I'm in favor of euthanising.  It's starting to hurt so I'm hitting the
stop button on my realplayer.  A few weeks ago I was looking for the cancel
procedure for audio league pass; it's too bad I didn't manage to find it.

Oh, I will check in, just in case they creep closer.  About a coach ago, you
got the feeling that the team could be competitive and might even pull out a
win.  Now, what's left, that hope is gone.

Remember that Righteous Brother song, "You've Lost that Loving Feeling,"
well this team has got that losing feeling and it came by way of Cleveland.
There are some very good reasons why the Calves lost so many games last
year.  We have 4 of them.

Philosophically, is it better to take a step back and be in a position to
win the prize?  I believe that approach is more short-sighted than to want
to win each game.  You may build a champion and that isn't in itself a
certainty, but along the way, you will lose fans, sell out a tradition, and
forever give a generation of young people no local heroes.

Indiana did it the right way.  They have built a premier team with very
little fanfare and without selling out Reggy Miller.  When Antonio Davis,
Dale Davis, Rose, , were moved, what came back were substantial upgrades
and, some fancy drafting, Volia, a team that you could really see as a
champion.  Well, when Walker, Williams, Battee, were traded, what do we get
back?  It's time to check the score ...

43 - 32.  What! Only down by 11?

Okay, I'm going to listen to the second quarter.  45 - 38.  Some redeeming
qualities perhaps?  Banks, Welsch, Mimm, Davis and Why!later on the floor.
Banks to Mimm, slam, that's a glimmer of what can be, starting to feel
better.  Ricky Davis just hit a tough one, Ricky will come to start one day
but it isn't going to be replacing Welsch, may I suggest Pearce.  The
trading deadline is coming up Danny.  How about Pearce to Clips for a power
forward like Wilcox and Q.  How about Pearce for Brand straight up?  Oh Tina
Turner, do we need another hero?

47- 44 Did Last night really happen?  Try to assure yourself that this is
enough; you're back on board, they've shown a spark of interest for you and
Jim is a starship Captain not a basketball coach.

54 - 50

Pearce to Atlanta for SAR and N Mohammed.  What, what am I saying?  I am as
guilty as the next person re: loyalty.  Take a break Paul and come back when
you can.

59 - 53 at the half

Well, that's all right, in fact, it's quite good for a team that I had down
and out.  The second half will probably go to Indiana as they turn up the
defence.  The Celtics will probably be to disconnected to fight against a
team attack that Indiana can mount.  That's okay though; for right now, as I
finish this little log, I have climbed a little way out of my recent misery
about this team.

Richard Quan

Email:     r.quan@xxxxxxxxxx
           richardq@xxxxxxxxxx