Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Blount - was Re: the best thing about this game is...

Like it or not, he's been shooting almost 60% all season long. And it's mostly been off short to medium range jumpers with him an outlet option, not being set up as I agree they seemed to make an effort to do last night. And no, that's not the only sign of development either, if you're willing to see it. No, I'm not saying he's god's gift, but he's certainly now more than the total stiff you seem to be implying and that he certainly looked to be a couple of years ago.

BTW, one of the criticisms of him has been that he sometimes needed to be pushed. I think one of the unnoticed effects of us getting Mihm is that I think he's doing that simply by being here. Blount has played noticeably more aggressively inside, including on the boards, since Mihm arrived. Of course it's not like practicing against Walter or Vin was going to remind him of the need to do things like box out or the advantages of power dunking...

-----Original Message-----
From: Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
Sent: Jan 31, 2004 3:22 PM
To: Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Blount - was Re: the best thing about  this game is...

Before you guys get to carried away, Blount got many of his points on pick
and rolls for dunks. This difference last night was either that they ran more
pick and rolls, the Cs finally started to pass it to Blount on the roll or
Blount didn't fumble it away like he has been prone to. No one considers him a
threat nor should they. The double the guy with the ball and he is always wide
open. If you call development being able to execute the pick and roll and dunk
the ball, the Blount was more underdeveloped than I thought....

DJessen33