Re: Trading Pierce

I would trade him without a second thought for Carmelo Anthony and Earl Boykins...

Mark Piotrowski wrote:

Let me preface this emphatically:

I DO NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD OR WILL TRADE PAUL PIERCE.

I DO NOT BELIEVE WE SHOULD OR WILL TRADE PAUL PIERCE.

but when Kestas wrote:

Well, I think his [Sheed Wallace's] talent is just unbelievable, but he makes Ricky Davis look
like John Stockton. Besides, having two head cases on a team without a clear
leader could be a disaster. And I don't think we have what it takes to get him
anyway, unless Ainge wants to trade Pierce.
Kestas

It got me to thinking: Let's say Pierce quietly made it known to Ainge he wanted out. Who would you be willing to trade him for?

In last year's NBA Swap column [http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/030530.html], Bill Simmons said there were 8 players he'd trade Pierce for (see the article for his rationale which basically boils down to: "Pretend the salary cap suddenly got expanded to $70 million (making any trade possible), then ask yourself one question: If Team A tells Team B, "We'll trade you Player X for Player Y straight-up," does Team B make the deal or not"):

Garnett
Kidd
Shaq
Nowitzki
McGrady
Kobe
Yao Ming
Duncan

I actually wouldn't trade PP for McGrady or Kobe, but would listen long and hard for the rest (Maybe not Dirk). But is there anyone else? Since then I might add:

J. O'Neal (b/c of age)
LeBron James (not a better player now, but will be as good if not better in 2-3 years)

just curious,

(the other) Mark