re: Re: Ricky Davis: Should He Be Exposed In The Expansion Draft?

--- You wrote:
Many of the players I cited, I would classify as better now or for
the future. I think there's a real chance for a team to steal
Richardson away from the Clippers after the season, and he's certainly
an upgrade over Davis.
--- end of quote ---

Why do you think so? Q is certainly talented, but he's basically a Ricky
Davis-Light. He also has a reputation as an immature head case (perhaps to a
lesser extent than Davis, but still) and a talented scorer. He has never shot
above .381 in his career, and he's not the passer that Ricky is.   Ricky has
never shot LESS than .41, so their FG% distributions don't even overlap.
Ricky was averaging 20, 5 and 5 last season. Sure, it's on a bad team, but what
kind of team has Q been on?

Swift, while a promising young PF, is not nearly the player that Davis is. He
may evolve into one, and being a big guy that makes him inherently more
valuable, but whether that happens is unknown. As long as Davis stays with the
program, he should be kept (barring an unbelievable trade offer, of course).
Kestas