O'Brien

I have to think Ainge called O'Brien into his office and said something along the lines of "You have to stop playing Walter," and "Banks, Perkins and Hunter need playing time to develop," and "What the Hell happened to the fastbreak we talked about?"

Then Obie quit.

I'm not an O'Brien hater, but this is good for the Celts. Obviously, he wasn't going to change. The offense was just too painful to watch (and I LOVE 3-pointers) and it was frustrating that Kendrick couldn't even get two minutes in blowout games.

I wonder if any out of Banks/Mihm/Davis/Hunter move into the starting lineup immediately. I think a Blount, Mihm, Pierce, Banks, Davis would be the best running combination. It'll be interesting to watch what changes Carroll makes right away.

Don Nelson, George Karl, maybe Doc Rivers as replacements, in that order? Doug Collins? Is Doug Moe still alive? Paul Westhead anyone?

Steve O