Obie GonebenObie

    I am suddenly feeling very much like someone who went to his first Celtic game at the Boston Arena (yes, the Arena) in the late 50s.  It comes and goes and the road goes on forever and the party never ends.  (Thanks to Robert Earl Keen)
    When Pitino came on board, I thought it was as good a bet as anything after the gloom of the M.L. years.  It didn't work.  Too bad.  You win some, you lose some.
     Pitino leaves, Obie comes in and takes the team to the ECF, but we all knew that that was about as far as the Pierce-Walker Celtics were ever going to go.  Just in case we weren't convinced, along come Vin Baker.  So here's Danny blowing up the team.  Hey, why not?  Someone has to be in charge.  Danny's vision may pay off or it may not.  I have no clue.  I like the jettisoning of the Pierce-Walker team.  Now comes the post-Pierce era, because Paul Pierce will never see a ring in Boston unless it's as a 35 year old bench leader.
    So thanks, Obie, for helping us get over the Pitino era.  Now it's your turn to fade away as time marches on.  No hard feelings.  It's just time.