Re: Hunter, Obie and Pierce... my unsolicited opinion on the Celtics ... .

<But really, aren't we all happier now that we don't have to worry about the
playoffs? Didn't we all hate the last two years. That ECF year was the
worst. Thank God that's over.

This team is horrible. But the Mavs look good.>

I don't think the Mav's look better then last year and when Walker gets his
next contract he'll revert.  They always do.  Zebras don't change their
stripes and the Celt's got more for Walker then anyone would have believed.
He thinks he's a max player and the Celt's weren't going to waste that kind
of money on him again.

I like what Danny has done.  I like the players he has brought in.  I like
Mihm, LaFrentz, Welsch, Davis.  They have wonderful basketball IQ which I so
much prefer to watch play then that boring crap of the last few years.
Blount will turn into a Joe Kline type player which you need on the bench,
Pierce will improve, Banks will get better as will Perkins.  James is better
then we imagined.

I am open to seeing the team come together.  This is a transition period.
It wasn't going anywhere before Ainge anyway.  It won't without a real PG
anyway.  We finally have a couple big guys who can play.  Davis is far
superior to Brown and for Battie money!  Pretending to be championship bound
by making the ECF was a joke on all who thought it meant much of anything.

Let's see what happens with the contract space of Baker, Mills, Stewart.
See if Jones remembers how to play, if Hunter can play, if Walter can find a
position and then see what the two firsts bring us.  If they can walk and
chew gum at the same time, excluding last year, the team is ahead of every
draft since Pierce.

When and if Ainge can bring in a better coach, so be it.  Until then why?

Things are finally looking up.  Someone has a plan whether you agree or not.
I like it.

The left wingnut political rants and the sniping on personal basketball
opinions have made posting not as much fun as when posting was just about
basketball itself.  I bet that has something to do with why the board is
quiet.  IMO.

<Jim
---