Re: Hunter, Obie and Pierce... my unsolicited opinion on the Celtics at a time when no one seems to be paying attention

--- You wrote:
	Brandon Hunter... He looked great Friday night in limited (but not
officially garbage) minutes. Used his body, moved his feet, gobbled up rebounds
and finished around the basket. Cousy practically gushed, and Cousy never
gushes. He basically said, when you're getting killed on the boards night after
night, and it's such a glaring problem, how can you not play a guy who may be
your best rebounder? He said he didn't see any glaring deficiencies in
Brandon's defense, so maybe you live with small things just to get his
rebounding in the game. I couldn't agree more. I didn't see yesterday's game,
of course, but again it looks like Hunter was all over the glass. Obie keeps
talking about how far he has to go defensively, but I think this kid needs to
play. A lot. If the option are Walter McCarty or Brandon Hunter at the PF spot,
I'll take Hunter. Please.
--- end of quote ---

Did you catch Obie's quote in the Globe today? It must've been in response to a
question about Hunter's rebounding prowess by one of the intrepid souls at the
PR firm (don't they know by now that Obie could be offended by a cheeky
question like this?!). Anyway, here it is:

"I think it remains to be seen whether he's going to be an effective rebounder
in the NBA. Summer league is one thing. College basketball is another thing. We
need to wait and see what Brandon can bring to a basketball team when he gets
playing time."

Now, that's what you call a ringing endorsement! Obie sure knows how to give a
confidence boost to his young players, doesn't he?

--- You wrote:
4.	Vin Baker... I just want it over with. The sooner, the better.
--- end of quote ---

Yeah, your prediction that he'll drop the ball the minute you start relying on
him was right on the money. I'm curious to see whether they'll cut to the chase
and terminate his contract in a couple of weeks, or go for some sort of a
buyout. I think they should take it out of Wallace's paycheck.

--- You wrote:
That's it. Anyone else thinking about the Celtics?
--- end of quote ---

I think the lack of activity is due to the realization by many that no
substantial improvement is possible until Obie is fired. We just have to wait
it out.That said, I know it's not just that one game, but isn't it sort of
ironic that the coach of the team that spanked their opponent by 20 gets fired,
yet the coach of the team that got blown out remains employed?

Kestas

"Gaston, Wallace, Walker, Waltuh, Obie"
--Mark Berry