Celtics/Nets game update 2nd quarter

The second quarter Celtics scoring was initially led by Ricky Davis--easy
to tell, as he had the only basket for Boston for the first 2 minutes of
the quarter, as the Nets increased their lead.  Boston did start finding
the hoop as Davis proceeded to score on two more possessions, and Chris
Mihm made his return to the court, quickly taking the pass from Waltah for
two.  This led to a timeout with 8:34 and the score 31-24 favoring NJ.

Davis procured a rebound, continuing to do "the little things' that make
him as valuable as if he were scoring double digits every game.  Chris Mihm
was fouled and did his job at the line, going 2-2. YAY!

New Jersey wasn't slowing down, though.  Harris was making a pain of
himself as the Nets ran the score up to 36-25 with seven minutes left in
the half.  Obie seems to be substituting like it was a hockey game, trying
to find fresh legs to keep up with the Nets.  Timeout was called with 5:41
left in the half, and the Nets up, 39-28.

Time came back in as Kenyon Martin was once more uncontested as he dunked
the ball.  Mike James responded with a three.  Martin nailed another layup,
and Pierce replied by driving to the hoop.  At least Jefferson was fouled
by Waltah as HE drove to the basket.  It's a start.  Mike James hit another
three, and he was starting to look hot.

But Mark Blount lost the ball--and his cool, picking up a technical
foul.  He took a seat as Chris Mihm came back into the game.  Then Ricky
Davis fouled Harris and the Nets had a chance to run up the score a little
further.  You know things aren't going well when Brandon Hunter is playing
in the first half.  Boston called time with 2:45 left in the half as the
Nets now held a commanding lead of 51-36.

Good news, Hunter can rebound against the Nets.  Bad news, he's 1-2 on free
throws.  Speaking of free throws, it seemed like the C's couldn't let 30
seconds pass without getting called for a foul.  Of course I don't know if
they're actually committing the fouls, or just getting called for them.

But the Nets continued to dominate as the quarter came to an end.  Halftime
arrived with the Nets easily holding a 56-39 lead.

The 25 second quarter points that Boston scored would have been pretty good
if not for the Nets getting 36 points at the same time.   Boston's shooting
percentage went UP--yeas, I said "up" to 32% by halftime.  Ricky Davis is
the C's leading scorer with 9 points.  Mike James had 8 points, Marcus
Banks had 6, and things went downhill from there.

There's no secret as to what needs to be done.  Two things of equal
importance.  Stop the Nets from making baskets like they're the only ones
on the floor; and score some baskets of their own.

This shows every sign of shaping up as a monumental loss unless we get our
stuff together, NOW.  I imagine Jim O'Brien is teaching the team a few new
words right about now.

AAUGH!!!

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle