RE: Rebounding (or "Why Obie is Smarter Than Everyone Else")

>>>I mean, rebounding clearly doesn't matter. Just look at last night. Walter
played 46 minutes at power forward. He had to play that much, because of his
defense. And Mark Blount, too. If Brandon Hunter had been in there, some schmo
like Udonis Haslem might have burned us for 18 points and 17 rebounds on
something like 9-for-12 shooting. Thankfully, we have stoppers like Walter and
Blount to handle those things. When you can play defense like that so Udonis
Haslem is limited to just 18 points and 17 rebounds, who cares about rebounding?
Walter McBlount forced him to miss three shots, didn't he?<<<<<

LOL!
This is what gets me. O'Brien draws his line in the sand declaring only guys
who will play defense and stop guys from getting to the basket will play, then
he turns around and plays Walter 46 minutes as an undrafted rookie gets to
the basket on him at will for a career game.
Instead of the papers picking up on this fact, they turn it around to make it
seem like McCarty played 46 minutes because of his defense. Unbelievable.
 I'm beginning to wonder if any of these reporters even watch the games.
Maybe they spend the game in the media hospitality room eating hot wings and
finger sandwiches and only catch the last five minutes when the food runs out.
I have no other explanation.
46 minutes with 5 rebounds while Udonis Haslem gets 17 rebounds, 7 of them
offensive, and the Celtics give up 16 offensive rebounds?

Now I realize that we were shorthanded.  Mihm is injured.  Baker is persona
non grata.
Maybe O'Brien felt he had little choice but to play McCarty 46 minutes.  But
don't try to tell me that what I saw from him last night was good defense.
I'm not that stupid.

TAM