nuthin' but class

this was a brief snippet I found in a Houston newspaper.

... Bill Laimbeer and Cedric Maxwell, intense rivals as players now doing television, bumped into one another before the Pistons played the Celtics last week. Laimbeer looked up at Maxwell's retired jersey hanging in the FleetCenter rafters and said, "How much did you have to pay to get that. Oh, I get it, you agreed to work 20 years for the organization for free."
Said Maxwell" "Come on, man, why can't you just say congratulations, like everybody else."

If he did, he wouldn't be Bill Laimbeer.