Re: The kind of advice Obie gets.....

    I guess my beef (and it isn't a very big one) is more with your caption than anything Obie does or Ramsey says.
     Fans and writers, and maybe opposing players, can speak their minds freely.  Management and coaches can't, nor can coaches' in-laws.  Really, what do you expect Ramsey to say?  "You're right.  My son-in-law is a jerk who plays a rotten system.  Ainge is a jerk for undercutting him.  Mihm can't play, and Baker sucks.  (Actually, he comes pretty close on this one ... "reverted to last season's form...") Why we take so many threes is beyond me.  Ask Jim, ask Pierce, ask Mike James, but don't ask me!"
     No, Ramsey has to be diplomatic.  You want unvarnished opinions?  Read this list and read the paper.
     Sometimes I wish trial lawyers doubled as sportswriters and could really question (cross-examine)a guy like Ramsey or Obie and not let them off the hook.  Ditto with presidential "debates."
 - Doug