It could happen . . .

Imagined meeting at Merrimac headquarters, Jan. 6:

Ainge:  Let's review last night's game for a few minutes.  What do you guys think was our biggest problem as a team?

O'Brien:  It was one of those "go, figure" nights.  We had open shots that wouldn't fall.  We had effort without effectiveness; we failed to trust each other on offense.

Connor:  Yup.

Ainge:  Well, some of the fans, maybe the press will see that we shot a season high number of threes and scored a season low of points.

O'Brien:  The defense dictated that.  We knew we couldn't contend with their interior defense, so we planned to get good, open shots from outside.

Ainge:  And did we get those shots?

O'Brien:  Yup.  They just didn't fall for us last night.  There are nights like that over an 82 game season.

Ainge:  And are you satisfied with who was taking those shots?  ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH WHO'S TAKING THOSE SHOTS?  (At this point, Ainge goes to the wall, rips off two swords, tosses one to O'Brien and commences a duel to the death.  O'Brien decides not to go inside--fearing being blocked by Ainge's defense--and hurls his sword from a distance of 22 feet.  (It's a big office).  The sword clanks harmlessly off a chair. Ainge thereby wins easily.

O'Brien leaves, asking Connor:  What do you think his point was?

OK, so I was better in my youth; weren't we all?  Gene