From: owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-celtics@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Mark Piotrowski
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 10:16 AM
To: Celtics
Subject: that would be a nice draft!

the latest NBAdraft.net mock draft came out yesterday -- i know its
still early, but they (NBAdraft.net) usually get things fairly close
eventually....:

#8 pick (Bos) -- Jameer Nelson (6-0 PG, St. Joeseph's, Sr.):  failing
Okafor, Nelson is my highest hope (this early on)

#22 pick (Det) -- Uros Slokar (6-10 230 PF, Slovenia):  a bit skinny
for a PF, but they describe him thusly:

He rebounds well, using his long hands to snatch boards, a good shot
blocker, some nice post moves, very agile down there. He sinks 20 ft
jumpers, can hit a occasional 3, a little skiny for PF but is as
fearless as Gasol so you wont see him being pushed around a lot. Fought
through a few injuries that kept him out for 2 years and appears to
have fully recovered.

#25 pick (Dal) -- Rafael Araujo (6-11, 280 C, BYU, Sr.): I'm always
scared of big white guys...i'd rather take a gamble on the player the
have going at #26:

Ha Seung-Jin (7-3, 300, C , South Korea) -- from what i've read he's
still sor t of a mystery, but a giant.  Someone else would grab him
before here -- maybe Portland with their multiple picks

#38 pick (Bos) -- Chris Duhon (6-1, 190, PG, Duke, Sr.) -- i can't see
us drafting a 4th PG (Nelson, Banks, Atkins) but with the 38 pick you
take best available and maybe think about packaging one or 2 of the PG
to soemone looking for one.  Other options still on their board:

Matt Freijie, 6-9 SF Vandy
Rickey Paulding, 6-5 SG, Missouri
Brandon Mouton, 6'4 SG, Texas

I think we should expect nothing less of Danny than to come away from
this draft with 2 players relatively ready to play next season (as
backups), 1 potential guy (a la Perkins) and a wildcard.

(the other) mark