RE: Ainge Meeting With Team

No kidding. When Ainge was a guest on that show recently, Arnold asked questions like 'has it been a distraction having Jim O'Brien leave?' The only one that has any NBA cred on that station is Ordway (and maybe some of the FNSE guys).

I'm excited about the future of the Celtics, and I haven't been since the O'Brien team calcified. Give them a training camp, a healthy roster, a good coach, then see how Pierce reacts. The Ainge trades have been all good in my book. Atkins is an improvement over Mike James - he'll at least provide some seasoned direction from the point, plus he can shoot.

One curious thing is why Ainge was so willing to help out the Pistons. When the paperwork got messed up, he was quoted as saying something like 'It wasn't messed up on our end. I tried to help Detroit as much as possible.' Does he want to ultimately get the best of Larry Bird or something? Do you think those old relationships (Isaiah, Dumars, and his Celtic brothers Bird & McHale) really come into play these days?

They must be tanking. Why else would Carroll make such stupid substitution patterns and insist on a defense that can't be implemented.

--Ellie