Re: Don't get the detractors

>Typical macho posturing, if you ask me.  Surely they must have known
>the consequences that would result...yet they were so
>indignant that someone would quit on them that they
>purposefully put a match to the season.

I completely disagree.  More like proper management decision.  The results
were decided when OB chose to walk.

The coach says he "will not/can not" coach the team the way his boss wants
him to, but he'll stick around and coach the team they way he wants for the
rest of the year.  At that point, indignation has nothing to do with it.
Show the coach some respect for being honest, let him resign/let him go.
Recognize it is time to move on.  Start to change the culture of the team
now Vs. waiting and potentially sabotaging the next full time coach by
making it a OB loyalty Vs. working with the new guy decision for the
players.

Good move.  These guys don't need to be petty over an employee.

This is a case of a coach quitting, regardless of when "he" chose to leave.
Doesn't make OB a bad person to realize he wasn't as capable as he thought
he was at the beginning of the year when he signed his 3 year contract based
on managements chosen direction for the team.

<Jim

---