Emptying out my Celtic mind

Just wondering why Danny the GM gets compared to ML the GM and Carroll the
coach doesn't get compared to ML the coach.....

Not understanding why Carroll just doesn't abandon the Harter defense, a
defense that has it flaws anyways in which it can be beat by passing and swinging
the ball. The Harter defense requires all players to be on the same page,
which they obviously are not. That was the worst defense I have ever seen last
night. Why doesn't Carroll just tell them to go to a man to man? Everyone can
play that and if someone isn't holding their guy, it would be obvious who is
slacking....

Banks really had a nice game last night. He really had the poise, wasn't
looking to score and basically took shots as they came to him and also created a
few. I, for one, think he is going to be a star in this league....

Mihm continues to show the game he is going to have in the future. He had a
nice game.....

I have now concluded that not only does Blount have hands of stone, he also
has arms of glass. He can never catch a pass but when he does, he is such a
poor finisher. Obie can have him with no tears shed by me.....

Danny may believe in JJ but I don't. At least he, like Walta,  is not the
answer at power forward.....

Walta filled his Walker three point shooting role last night, in attempts and
percentage.....

And then we have Hunter. I missed the game to watch it later on tape. My son
told me to not watch the game except for the last 7 minutes when Hunter just
rules. I still watched it in order but I couldn't believe it. Hunter was like a
basketball/rebound magnet. I thought I was playing a pinball machine and
Hunter was the gutter. The ball would be shot, bounce around and then go right to
Hunter. And we can't find time to play this guy? This was on the respected
Randolph, a Ray superlist player, a noted rebounder himself! I agree with Tommy
that the other players are scared of him. Who other than Shaq wouldn't be?

I'm just wondering why the Boston press can analyze general manager moves but
they can't analyze coaching decisions. I would like to see some analysis on
the Harter defense, does it work or not. How about on John Carroll and his
decision to stay the Obie course? Peter May calls Danny's plan nebulous. I think
it is obvious. He said he wants the Kings basketball. You got Tommy explaining
what uptempo, offensive basketball is every night. Why don't they get it? I
don't think they (the media) understand it. The only thing they understand is
who won last night....

Speaking of Tommy, he is doing the best analysis I have ever see him do, even
when he was broadcasting for CBS. Yeah, you can say he loves the Cs, he is a
homer and makes ridiculous charges about the refs. But he has correctly
pointed out the deficiencys of practically every player and the coaching. Here are
some:

PP: shouldn't be dribbling the ball up the court and shouldn't start his move
unless he is within 20 feet of the basket
Mihm: What Tommy called "dumb" plays trying to take it to the rim against
established shot blockers
Walta: limited player who is just a three point shooter (or should I say
attempter) and not a power forward.
Banks: he has been critical of him for getting lost on defense
Jiri: says he is now competing with RickyD and is looking to score rather
playing the game
Blount: never has his hands up ready to recieve a pass
Obie: very critical of lack of offensive development, lack of boxing out
fundamentals, mass substitutions
Harter: very critical of his defense. He hates the blitzing the PG on the
pick and roll, he hates you have to have a mobile center that acts as a sweeper
and therefore could never be an offensive center because of foul problems. He
also hates how the defense allows for the defenders to have premimum inside
position for rebounds, hates giving up the baseline which is a basketball
fundmental
Carroll: critical of continuation of Harter defense, continuing to play
Walter and JJ at the power forward, not giving Mihm enough minutes.

You don't see this critical analysis of the "home" team on any of the other
broadcasts. Tommy knows what the heck that is going on. Couz is on board with
him. It is the journalists, like Tommy says "never played the game" and
wannabes like the Boston Sports Guy who don't know the game and therefore can't
critically analyze things. I mean, Tommy was a Hall of Famer as a coach, for gosh
sakes. And people blow him off like he is a blithering lunitic. I have heard
Jack Givens, more that once, note on the air during a Magic broadcast on how he
loves to listen to Tommy broadcast a game for what he can learn about the
game. Again, Jack Givens knows the game.....

My hope, folks, is in the Dallas Mavericks. I really looking for an early
flameout, during the season and the playoffs. Every loss helps our draft pick.
But if the Mavs lose early in the playoffs or don't make it to the finals, I
think Cuban is going to go in a different direction and fire Nelson. Nellie at
the Cs helm is an established, respected uptempo coach who instantly would have
PP and the boys respect. He would help in the free agent recruiting and has
the Boston pedigree. I am hoping that is what Danny is waiting for. Root against
the Mavs!

As for the Danny taking a hit for the Mills/Weed trade, most fans other than
Cs fans hated Danny when he was a player. I can't imagine things changing
because he was a GM. I mean, I still want to smack Laimbeer in the face every time
I see him. But the additional fervor is coming from the Pacer, Hornet and
especially the Knick fans. But the difference this time is the national media,
who are dumping on Danny because they didn't like him in the 80s, I figure. I
remember when the Spurs traded Michael Thompson to the Lakers in midseason for
nothing, giving the Lakers a player who could match up with McHale and handing
them the trophy. I spent the next five years hating the Spurs and changing
their name to the San Antonio Lakers. But I never heard any complaints from the
national media about the Spurs being morons.....

DJessen33