Re:So how do we get ahead of the Pistons in four years?

--- David A Wickerham <aw623@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> More crap.  Perhaps Rasheed will lead the Pistons to
> a title, but he sure didn't show that ability when
> he was with Portland.  He not only didn't help the
> Blazers, but he managed to single-handedly sink the
> franchise.
>
> Admit it, Egg.  If we had traded for Rasheed, you
> would have spent the last 24 hours telling us what a
> cancer he is.
>
> THere are playas, and playa haters.  I don't have to
> tell you which one Egg is.

Are you going gangsta on us, David?

The point Egg is trying to make (if I can be so
presumptive as to assume both that she has a point and
that I know it) is that helping Detroit (to attain cap
room, increase their chances of winning the
championship, etc...) is bad for the Celtics (just
like it was bad that we helped Dallas by giving them
Antoine so cheaply).  Not only are we helping them
sign free agents that we might want or that might have
left Detroit and thereby weakened them, we've given
them a better chance at a championship (thereby
decreasing our chance), and such a move deserves
criticism (though not as much as it has gotten).

Sure Egg might have been against a Rasheed trade to
the C's (I wouldn't have been), but that's because
there are rational reasons to be against a Rasheed
trade to the C's (the ones being ignored by the press
right now--like Rasheed might bring that whole team
down).  To attack Egg personally seems to be
ill-timed; in fact, in this instance, she's only
posted an article (something non-internet listmembers,
like Greg O., might appreciate), though I'm beginning
to think that her relative sportswriter who gives her
all the inside scopes might be none other than the
anti-christ himself, Peter May (tell Peter to lay off
Ricky, Egg).  Further, while Egg may have a vendetta
against Ainge, we all have our own personal vendettas,
hidden, as is customary, behind well reasoned
opinions.  So lesson the is: if you want to player
hate on Egg (for if you call someone a player hater,
you must be player hating yourself), try a rational
basis on which to hate from (at least then we'll take
seriously what you're are saying).

Ryan