The trade

I guess a starting 04 vintage Celts PG and expiring contract is not worth that much this year at trading deadline time. Atkins, Hunter, and a mid twenties #1. It will be interesting if cash equals a whitewashing of purported bad Atkins contract. What would have been nicer IMHO would have been:

1. If we could have gotten a vet PG for the rest of year to help Banks, or a one year banger just so the rest of the year wont be so ugly.

2. Used Mills contract to send out players that don't fit into future plan (Walt-ah, Jones and as we see, James).

3. To have had that trade produce at least a potential mid teen #1

All in all, mixing memetaphors, we hit an infield single, certainly not an extra-base hit by any stretch of the imagination, unless this move becomes part of a bigger move down the road or on draft day.

On the positive we did not give up any talent in this time pressured deadline (always my fear), we still have tradeable or development talent in Davis, Jiri, last years #1s, along with Mihm, We still have Pierce and next year, the return of Lafrentz. Also, hopefully, we will officially be out from under the Baker contract. Add to that 3 #1s in this years draft to work with, then I am still hopeful with fingers crossed that we will rebound pretty well next year. (God... I am sounding like a Sox fan).

What we don't have right now and what will make or break my crossed fingers is a Coach on the same page as Danny, capable of putting a young promising roster together. Any suggestions of who that should be with who is available? or will be available at the end of the year? I always liked the job Silas did with young talented, but bad Hornets team, and again this year with the Cavs..... I know he will not be available but someone of his type or is Ainge strong enough to take on a unproven NBA coach? I tend not to believe so in that he is under the gun to start making more obvious to the Celtic Tribe (I guess at this time we don't qualify as a nation) his plan to bring us back to glory.

In the mean time I guess Banks is going to get a heavy dose of OJT, can we get Cooz out of retirement to work with him? Also in the remaining games I want to see if Pierce and Davis can develop into a solid complimentary 1 - 2 scoring punch. If Mihm is a keeper or not (I like him), maybe some meaningful PT for Hunter and Perkins towards the last 10-15 games. After that..... hope for bingo on ping-pong day.

Go Celts