RE: Aldridge says Celts still talking to Spurs about Malik Rose

Yeah, it's not a slam dunk at all. The rumor making the rounds now is
that it's Yogi Stewart and Jumaine Jones for Malik Rose and a
first-round pick. There's no question you win big on talent in that
deal, but you're paying for that contract.

On the other hand, you'd be buying Rose at his lowest value -- which is
a good thing. He's having his worst season, but for his career, he's an
8-10 ppg, 5-6 rpg, 45 percent shooting power forward. AND... he's a huge
energy guy. He's a gritty, hard-working player. He's Eric Williams at
power forward. He also is good at guarding much bigger players.

He's been a 20-25 mpg guy for his career. That goes two ways. Is he
capable of handling more minutes? If so, he looks like a guy who could
average 10-12 points and 7-8 rebounds. That's not bad.

The team would have four first-round picks, albeit three late in the
first round. It still gives you some flexibility.

I don't know. At least he'd help this team. But that contract stinks.
You'd be paying a lot of money for two power forwards -- Rose and
Lafrentz -- with no guarantee that either guy is a long-term answer. And
if they're not, they're tough to move.

Really tough to call. Thoughts?

Mark