Wyc on EEI

Posted from RealGM message boards.   Credit goes to alexchatha for sharing this.

tick tock....tick tock....screw the the Detroit and Houston trade.   We should corner Phoenix or the Clipps since they're desperate to dump salaries to clear room for some guy named Colby ;)

Some key points of his interview

- Their lawyers said they could of cut Baker a year ago, but for some reasons, decided not to. They gave him his 2nd,3rd,4th chances etc.

- He said that Danny is on the phone with a few teams, including Detroit, and that most of the deals involve another first round pick.

- Willing to go to 65 million or more next year in Payroll, and he is wearing a wristband that says "what would Isiah do?". They are willing to do what it takes to win a championship. They don't want to get guys with long term contracts that are not worth it(ie Howard most likely)

- No ticket price increase next year

- They have had many offers for Ricky Davis, Chris Mihm, and Jiri but have turned everyone down.

- Danny Ainge felt Harter's D could not win a championship(something we talked about on the board).

- The coaching staff turned there noses up after the williams trade and their attitude was affecting the players.

- Ricky has been great off the court and on it, and has helped paul cope with the situation, something to that extent.

- he is happy with Pierce

- Basicly said that unless we run the table we will have a new coach next year.