Re: What would you give for Iverson?

Nothing.  Why would you want this guy on your team?  Watch him on someone
else's team, maybe.  I like his skills.  I dislike his attitude.  The heck
with him.  He's 17 games out of 1st in the East and his response is "We've
had success here, so, obviously, I know how to do something right."

No thank you.  <Jim

Per the Phili newspaper:

""Iverson likes discipline as much as he likes punctuality, so everyone knew
that he didn't appreciate a fine and last night's omission from the starting
lineup for arriving late in Denver on Monday after all-star weekend.
Evidently, Ford didn't care. And Iverson officially doesn't care for Ford.
"I was angry all day from shoot-around," said Iverson, who expressed as much
with a profanity-laced tirade during yesterday morning's shoot-around, a
team source said. "Going in there, having a meeting, being with guys that I
don't really know telling me that I wasn't going to start, telling me what I
had to do for us to be successful. We've had success here, so, obviously, I
know how to do something right." Evidently, both the Sixers' brass and
Iverson believe the other has done something wrong. So expect problems.
Expect Iverson to go off. Anticipate a desire to depart Philadelphia if
there are no changes in the near future, most notably one involving the
coaching staff.""
---