forget the playoffs

We have 28 games left.  I would play next year's team as much as they could stand.  That would mean heavy doses of Banks at #1, Davis and Jiri and Pierce at 2/3, Jones at 3/4, and Hunter, Perkins, Mills at 4/5.  Forget McCarty and James (who, with Blount, should get their 20 minutes).  Challenge that bunch to bust it, learn how to run, play a helping man defense and try to make the playoffs.

I think that would give us our best shot at the playoffs, but is based on the idea that building is more important that a first round blowout.  Sure, it's nice to get there, but I think it's over rated.  Everyone knows we're not ready to beat even one of the top tier teams now, so focus on what we can do.  Make these remaining games a challenge and forget the so-called "benefit" of a first round berth.  The first step in recovery is admitting the obvious reality.   Cheers, Gene