Re: THE BIG PICTURE

I think Ainge has done a good job upgrading limited talent and shedding some
lousy contracts that he inherited.

Walker and Delk for Welsch, LaFrantz, Mills and a #1.  The Celt's were not
going to pay Walker max money and years and he wasn't going to play anything
but his own "game".  Name another trade available.  Anyone?  Egg, what
offers were on the table for Walker?  Would anyone have even taken Delk
straight up?  We get a couple good players with OK contracts (One RC and one
high contract), cap room, some potential in a #1 pick and then clean out a
contract and an unhappy player.  Works for me.

The Clippers passed on Walker, the Chicago trade went tumbling down the
road, if it was for real.  What team ever wanted to trade for Walker?

A washed up Ellison err..Battie, one of my favorites in Williams (who would
have been unrestricted at the end of the year and who wasn't going to be
resigned so we would have lost him for nothing) and Kedrick, a black eye of
Wallace's and reason enough to take his keys away, in return for Davis, Mihm
(a restricted FA) and Stewart.  Three guys who are all tradable on their own
for three that were not tradable on their own.  Celtics win this big long
term.

Vin Baker.  Not Danny's making, but is his problem.  Until this issue is put
to rest this team has a major handicap.

As long as the second, third and fifth highest paid players on a 15 man
roster are not on the court because of medical issues a NBA team is not
going to compete.  Period.

I am sure that THE BIG PICTURE includes having those players or their
replacements being off IR.  I am waiting for the audition as well.  So far
he has moved in the right direction, regardless of what "the class clown
formally known as a basketball player" Barkley thinks.

<Jim

---