THE BIG PICTURE

Due to all the subplots mentioned by Lapdoggy, last night's loss to
Cleveland was particularly painful... even embarrassing.  Did our
young guys learn anything from it... I doubt it.

John Thompson said something last night like "The Celts are attempting
to play a style (up-tempo) they don't have the right personnel for."
Wonder if Obie knew all along what Ainge has yet to figure out.

Like it or not, arguably our three most consistent contributors have been
Pierce, Blount, and good old Waltah ... the only three holdovers (along with
Baker) from the previous regime. Think the only reason that Blount and
McCarty are still even with us is that they were re-signed by Danny thus
sharing the dubious distinction of being 50% his guys?  Meanwhile the new
guys, the very players responsible for catapulting the mediocre Blount and
Waltah into starring roles, have taken from 29 to 53 games to put it
together and except for Welsch who recently has hit the funny wall,
they still haven't.  Is it the players or the coaches?

After Ainge completes his cleansing and trades away the last of his
unwanted stepchildren - Pierce, the 50% Blount, and the 50% McCarty -
he is going to be forced to start dealing his own beloved children (a/k/a
overrated athletes).

I can hardly wait to see who Danny brings in next to audition for
THE BIG PICTURE.

Egg