Re: Stupid win...

First, It's no test on whoever watched or not.  But I watched and got sickened
despite the win.

Yes, it's no NHL and you can't pull out and put in players in a snap. But
should it take a quarter and a half to wait until the next deadball???  ?

My only point is just he played the "important" players (starters or not) too
much instead of cruising with the young'uns and bench warmers.

And before you play and put the young players and  "unused" players in
difficult situations, you need to give them as much playing time wether it's a
won ballgame or a lost game in garbage time.  That way you give them
confidence and hunger to play better the next game (if ever they will get
playing time at all).

Again, the coach has O'brien-ic symptoms and over conservative features that
shows not much brain activity but only stiffness and the "duh" look...and it
really sucks!  That's not the Celtics!

later dudes.

Jaims

  >>how more stupid can the coach get...

  when he plays all the starters until the last 4 minutes of the game...
when
  the opposing team already pulled out all their starters since mid 3rd
  quarter.<<<<

  Is this a test to see who was watching?
  Pierce was pulled with more than six minutes to play.
  Iverson played through the end of the third quarter.  Iverson played 4 less
  minutes than Pierce.  Big deal.  He was playing poorly, otherwise I have no
  doubt he would have played in the fourth.
  Snow wasn't pulled until 8 minutes left in the game.  Same with Kenny
Thomas.
  McCaskill started and although he only played 14 minutes, he did play till
  the very end of the game.
  Robinson was pulled about a minute into the fourth.  So I'm really not sure
  who you are talking about when you say all the Sixers starters were pulled
  halfway through the third quarter.  That was clearly not the case.

  Banks played the final 6 minutes.  Last I looked he is not a starter.
  McCarty is not a starter.  Davis is not a starter.  Mihm may be a starter,
but with
  the way he's picking up fouls he hasn't been playing starters minutes.
Those
  are the guys that were in the game when most of the Sixers starters were
  pulled.  Jones, Hunter and Perkins were all at the scorers table with more
than 4
  minutes left to play.  Unfortunately, this is the NBA, not the NHL.  You
can't
  substitute on the fly.  You have to wait until the officials let you.  They
  actually got in the game at 3:55.

  I suppose you could complain about Walters 43 minutes, but how much of that
  was because of Mihms foul trouble?  You could also ask for more than 4
minutes
  for Jones, Hunter and Perkins, but I'm not sure I want to see them all in
the
  game together with more than six minutes to go in the game.  Doesn't anyone
  else remember the near fiasco against the Wizards?
  I'm sorry, but I have difficulty getting on Carrol for the way he
distributed
  minutes at the end of this much needed victory. If we had lost this game
  after how well this team played for the sake of playing Perkins and Hunter
an
  extra five minutes that could have been catostrophic.
  There will be other chances to play the young guys.  Hopefully we can get
  them some more meaningful minutes here and there during games and not just
  garbage time.  I think that would be even more important than a number next
to a
  name in the box score.

  TAM