Power forward is what ills us

Look, when you got James and Walter on the floor, you are really playing 3 on
5. When you add Blount, it makes it 2 on 5. We really only got 4 real
players, Jiri, RickyD, PP and Mihm. Hopefully, Banks, Hunter and Perkins can be one
some day. It is just a lack of talent right now. (Remember what would be our
second and third best players are injured in Baker and Raef).

Yes, for you Obie-lovers, Obie was able to maximize players like Blount and
Walter to play the defensive style of ball we purists hated. But if you are
intellectually honest, you have to admit that you won't win a championship that
way. So Danny had to go and get REAL talent, not the skinny guys that could
play Obie's defense.

But I still think we can compete this year if we could just get someone to
play power forward. James hurts us but having to play Walter is a killer. I am
convinced that Mihm is not a power forward because of his offensive
limitations. But I prefer him over Walter but that leaves us with no depth at the center
spot.

Another problem is that we can't get our third best guy, Jiri, on the floor
at the end of the game. It is going to be great next year to be able to bring
him off the bench and we will have great depth.

The three on one  we had where James pulled up for the three when he had a
clear lane to the basket was ridiculous....

A couple of other points. First, I'm not sure but I think teams are
overplaying his right hand because they know his problem with his left thumb. That
could be why he hasn't penetrated as well lately. (Tommy thinks he is looking to
score more instead of create).

Second, I think the scouting report on Banks is to overplay him. Now an
experienced point guard would penetrate on the lack of gap. But Banks is so locked
in on running the play, he doesn't even see his guy is up on him and  that he
could easily beat his guy off the dribble, take it in the lane and he would
have a 10 footer teardrop. His other problem is finishing. He just thinks he can
take it to the big boys like he could in Vegas. As soon as he learns to
penetrate, keep his feet and dribble and take the little shot or just pull it back
out again instead of taking it to the cup, we will have a serious player.
Until then, teams are going to overplay him and get steals and blocks like they
did tonight.

Lastly, you Obie lovers notice we are still playing the Harter defense and we
are giving up 54% shooting. And if I remember this correctly, we have been
doing that for quite awhile. Like even before Obie left. You see, that is why
Obie left. It was because he knew the jig was up on the Harter defense. The
Harter defense was at it's peak two years ago when they changed the zone rules.
Last year, we were down the slope finishing 6th in the East. This year, we were
going to be around .500 or sub so OBIE QUIT. That's fine. I admire someone who
knows when to get out. But the problem is, "CARROLL DIDN'T GET THE MEMO!"

You would think, on a whim on losing at home to some of the worst teams in
the league and allowing them to shoot over 50% night in and night out, that
maybe if they just tried a man-to-man defense, something might happen? Maybe get
lucky?

I tell you, that if I was one of the players, and I hear the Ainge talk of
changing things and see Harter let go and hear Tommy blasting the Harter defense
but yet the new coach is still running it, I would be confused......

DJessen33