Math-type question about Baker

Given the recent assertion by Vin's agent that baker is ready to
return--and discarding Cedric Maxwell's rather pompous retread response--an
idea crossed my mind.

Suppose the C's are keeping Baker on suspension for the rest of the season
with the intent to leave him unprotected in the Bobcat draft--the question
is can the C's do that?  If so, it allows them to protect one more
contributing player.  If baker DOES make a comeback and stays on track,
then it makes things interesting--and personally, I hope this happens, as
it would mean good things for both Baker and the C's.

I think that scenario is more likely than a potential trade, even to an
idiot like Isaiah Thomas.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle