----- Original Message -----
From: "Pereira, Jorge M"

> From Jorge Pereira - Jpereira@xxxxxxxx
>
> May the chainge start, please!
>
> 1st post, mostly out of despair.  I've watched all the televised games
this year but some of the last ones have been brutal.  I am all for Ainge's
philosophy but what you say we get on with it!

> Not all the pieces are in place but, how simple can it be?  Start the game
with Ricky and Banks.  Aren't they the 2 prototypes of Ainge's vision?
Dictate the pace of the game if at all possible from the beginning,
offensively.  Where is it written that Ricky has to come off the bench?

> From the realm of the sureal, what made Carroll put Jiri at point guard at
such a key point? He's done well at that position when he faces a tall guard
whom he matches up well against in size and quickness and by causing
disruptions he can create fast breaks which is more his realm.  Never
against small, quick guards whom he cannot handle defensively and then is
forced to organize the offense when the opposing defense is established.  He
cannot drive or penetrate from a standing position, doesn't protect the ball
well, a la Magic Johnson, etc., etc.

> Why does he put the players (and the fans)to sleep when he takes them out?
>
> Pierce needs to eat a piece of humble pie.  In a fast-break offense he can
still be the star, a la Sonics' Ray Allen, but he can't be bringing the ball
up on a dribble, slowing everything down and go through 3 players while the
others stand around. (I think everyone has harped on this one with good
reason. Professional players are no dummies.  They will get motivated if
they feel fulfilled, if they are contributing.  They need a presence on the
court, not a  cheerleader.)