Re: tanking time?

I do not know if you need to call it tanking. Frankly, no matter how well this team does the rest of the way, I dont see them winning a first round series. If that is the case, why even bother to try and make the playoffs? If Danny has this long range master plan, it makes sense to see who can play this year and that means minutes for JJ, Banks, Hunter, Mihm, and Perkins. We need to see these guys get some consistent pt to see if they can play and in the case of the rooks how far they are away. We can also benefit from the improved draft pick. At this point, I do not see how any Celtic fan could object to (as you say) tanking the season given that:

* we traded away one of our two all-star players from a pick, a
intriguing young guy, and a stiff with a bad contract
* we traded away three character guys who have value on a team
striving to make the playoffs and win this year and took back a
question mark in Mihm (we need to answer the question now), a
problem child (who has been ok) in Davis, and a walking stiff in
Stewart. * our coach quit in the middle of the season walking away from
millions of dollars rather than continue to work with this squad
or this gm.
* our starting pf, max contract guy, and early season comeback kid
has been on a drunk and has been suspended twice and is now soon
to be bought out, banned from the nba, or to come back and occupy
space on the bench till his next bender.
* our one remaining star has had an up and down year, turns the ball
over more than Antoine, feels he is dissed all the time, cant seem
to get his game to evolve in order to fit the new team concept,
and has a chip the size of texas on his shoulder which is amazing
considering how just last year he seemed a nice, honest, open, aw
shucks kind of guy.
* Our GM coaches from the seat, disses players on the way out of
town, seems to believe he is a talk radio host and smarter than
everyone else.

Given all of that turmoil and disaster, it seems logical that we would be entering tanking time of the season. Lets forget this year and build for next...

Jaims wrote:

oh boy. never felt like this since ml carr's and pitino regimes...

is the team in tanking-games-mode now?

if so, is it the wisest decision to do?

Jaims