Re: obie's offense and Ainge's players

***

Josh, I don't know how you can say this. Do you really believe Antoine
would have accepted coaching from anyone in Boston? He had taken over
this team and wasn't letting go. He wasn't willing to listen to Ainge,
Obie (who was a willing accomplice) or anyone else. It took a trade to
open his eyes, and he still hasn't exactly fit in seamlessly in Dallas.
The Mavs consider him completely expendable, and there are plenty of
observers in Dallas who believe he has done more harm than good. But
regardless of what happens in Dallas, Antoine wasn't going to change in
Boston. Don't you remember the quotes - everyone who comes in has to
adjust to Antoine and Paul. Remember?

***
Methinks people could say many of the same things about Paul Pierce...

Berry, Mark S wrote:

Josh, I don't know how you can say this. Do you really believe Antoine
would have accepted coaching from anyone in Boston? He had taken over
this team and wasn't letting go. He wasn't willing to listen to Ainge,
Obie (who was a willing accomplice) or anyone else. It took a trade to
open his eyes, and he still hasn't exactly fit in seamlessly in Dallas.
The Mavs consider him completely expendable, and there are plenty of
observers in Dallas who believe he has done more harm than good. But
regardless of what happens in Dallas, Antoine wasn't going to change in
Boston. Don't you remember the quotes - everyone who comes in has to
adjust to Antoine and Paul. Remember?

As for blowing up the team... Would you be more comfortable with letting
EWill walk after he season? Or are you suggesting Ainge re-sign him to
another bad contract. And does the team really miss Tony Battie? At all?

Josh, this team wouldn't have been a juggernaut with Doug Moe coaching the offense and Chuck Daly coaching the defense. No way. They needed a personality change and a talent infusion. Ainge is working on it. It's easy to take shots now, and everyone is, but I'm sure those same people will be patting Ainge on the back when the team is back in the Finals in 2007.

Mark

P.S. I'll be watching three players closely tonight: Marko Jaric, Chris
Wilcox and Melvin Ely. Could Jaric be a point guard option? He shows
flashes. Wilcox and Ely are young power forwards stuck behind Elton
Brand. Wilcox is getting minutes this season and producing. Ely is
buried on the bench. These guys fit some of the needs for the Celts and
may be available. Just something else to consider when watching the game
tonight.

Josh wrote:

It is a shame that we blew up the team and its defensive cohesion.
If only Obie hadn't been so stubborn and stupid; with the tiniest bit
of coaching the team could have been a juggernaut on both ends
of the floor.  He had the horses, and they were willing to run.  He
was the one who insisted they stand still, and I will never forgive him
for it.

Mark