no personal attack, nor a call for censorship

<< Hey Egg, you want to talk (well, maybe you don't want to talk, just
"imply"

or drop "innuendos") about slammed doors? How about some more on the "hidden

history" of how Obie slammed the door on offense? >>

Please reread the post. I didn't tell Egg or anyone else to stop writing,
nor did I launch an ad hominem or personal attack. There is no character
assassination nor any implied threat in order to cow anyone into silence. So
please, enough of the mischaracterizations.

All I did was respond to only the very latest in what has been (to my eyes)
a long campaign of ad hominem attack via innuendo against Ainge.

Is it in bad taste to point this out?

(Please note: the criticism is of what Egg has written -- nothing about Egg
herself. Heck, I've enjoyed many a post of hers in the past, so there's no
need to line up "fur or ag'in.")

Now is that campaign of vilification justified? Is Ainge, contrary to the
(French) meaning of his name, a devil incarnate?

I don't know. And I certainly don't know any more after cryptic statements
seemingly designed solely to cast aspersions when actual facts are wanting.

Is that a failing on my part? Even staunch defenders concede there have been
no facts divulged... because it would involve someone in difficulties
(again, the dark cloud of uncertainty descends...).

And when even a fellow as dogged and logically astute as Kestas is left
grasping at the air after attempting to come to grips with the nature of the
relationships and charges implied -- well, what is a ordinary guy to do?

I DO know, however, what I have witnessed over the past three years of the
Obie reign. And I do believe that Obie's leaving was a necessity for the
team to progress. Obie's handling of the offense was open to inspection by
all, at least in terms of the results.

Others think Obie was peachy, and that's fine -- we can argue over the facts
or simply agree to disagree, since at this point the case is moot. But at
least we will have facts to argue, not will o' the wisps, and the argument
will pivot on Obie's worth to the Celtics, not on whether Obie's departure
makes for a good club to use on Ainge.

Cheers - TomM