ProJo's Bill Reynolds on the C's

Here's a blurb from Bill Reynolds' column in the Providence Journal. I
actually found it encouraging. I think most are expecting far too much of
Marcus Banks this season. I love him as a player and his potential, but even
the best rookie point guards generally struggle to adjust. It's just the
nature of the position. Assuming Reynolds knows what the heck he's talking
about, I'm glad the Celtics aren't considering him the savior.

Also, the stuff about Antoine really is encouraging. I'd love nothing more
than to see him out there playing small forward alongside Blount and Battie.
(I know I'm dreaming.... ) Obviously, I'm not counting on Baker for
anything.

Mark

The word from the Celtics is (1) Marcus Banks is a year or two away from
being an NBA point guard, (2) Vinnie Baker is in great shape, and (3)
Antoine's lost roughly 25 pounds, as he's no doubt trying to convince Danny
Ainge that he should be part of the team's future.
Speaking of Baker, he was shopping a book proposal in New York last winter
that talked about his problems with both alcohol and depression.