To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>; <Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 7:42 AM
Subject: Cs excited about James

From the Realgm boards:

Celtic's excited about Mike James

----

--

Sat next to Bob Cousy at the Hall of Fame reunion dinner in Springfield MA
last week.

He's exactly like he is when he announces. Definately a class guy and his
wife was very nice as well.

We talked a lot of hoop. We talked a lot about Marcus Banks whom he likes
what he heres but has not seen him play much. We talked about the

excitement of a

true running game.

He surprised me by saying that the Celts are equally high on Mike James

and

feel like he is about to have a breakout season as a pro. It sounded like

they

feel like they got the steal of the offseason with James and that he will
challenge Banks to start. Apparently this kid can push the ball(which he

was not

asked to do in Miami) and really sees the floor well as a natural point

guard.

I am very excited about Banks after seeing all of the summer league games.
Now I am equally excited about James and feel really good about our point

guard

position this year.

Baker rehabed

Walker in great shape and motivated by his contract situation and last

years

implosion against kMart

Pierce with legs and mad

Battie in shape with repaired knees

2 running actual POINT GUARDS

a great pick up in Jumaine Jones

Kedrick fighting for his basketball life and now in an offensive system

that

favors his skills

Hunter and Perkins with huge upside

I'm glad all this is under the radar. Only true Celtic fans can see the
evolution of this basketball team. I think this is going to be an exciting

year and

everyone is going to be very surprised at just how good the Celtics can

be.

Actually Cousy lives in Worcester MA and he said he had not seen much of
James.

He was mostly taking about what Danny Ainge and other Celtic brass have

been

telling him about James. He indicated more than once that they were very
excited about him.

There will be no convincing non-Celtic fans or even pessimistic C's fans

that

the changes will make that much of a difference.

GOOD. Let them live in denial during the season too. I have been living in
denial for 2 years regarding the Nets. I keep thinking they suck minus

JKIDD BUT

THEY KEEP WINNING. I hate that.

I believe the Celtics will frustrate a lot of Celtic haters this year and

am looking forward to it.>