Re: The Herald is alive and well: A plethora of Obieisms

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 08:16 AM, Shawn Niles wrote:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED TO GO OVER THIS?!?!?!? There was NO WAY that Ainge was going to turn this into a championship team this year. Good PG's are very hard to come by. Ainge got one in the draft. But you're upset that he couldn't somehow come up with two? MOst teams can't even come up with one. And I don't want to hear the normal crap about El Amin and Vaughn. If those guys were any good, they'd be on a team. Maybe a few GM's could overlook their talent, but 29 won't. Those guys simply can't cut it. Will you give Ainge some freakin time to build this team and stop complaining that he hasn't built this into the 86 Celts yet?!?!?

Shawn
Are you trying to tell me that you'd rather see Tony Delk playing 20-25 minutes a game at point guard than Anderson, or Strickland? I'm not sure, but I think that's what you are saying.
I never said anything about the 86 Celtics or championships, only that it seems odd and inconsistent to play half the game with an up tempo distributing point and another half of the game with the; Delk, hands the ball to Walker that we got last season.
As for Jacques Vaughn, I believe that three different teams; Utah, Atlanta, Miami (and now Atlanta again) feel he's NBA quality. I'd surely rather see him out there backing up Banks, than Delk.
If Ainge is worried about O'Brien's commitment to changing the offense, at least he should give him 48 minutes of point guard > options.