Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Could we get Nick?

In a message dated 9/13/03 4:32:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> Is there any kind of deal we can put together for Nick VanElbow?...
>
> DJessen33

HoopsHype lists his salary for this season at $10,912,500. They also list
Eric Williams at $5,540,000; Delk at $2,925,000; and Kedrick at $1,757,640 for
this year. If all those are correct figures then that deal would work cap wise
although RealGM's Trade Checker says it won't.

You'd have to question Boston's willingness to take on Van Exel and his
baggage, though. Not to mention the Luxury Tax implications for next year. From
Golden State's perspective, is the allure of two expiring contracts (counting
KB's) enough in exchange to unload NVE?

P.S. And the C's also have the $2M trade exception in their back pocket that
I don't think RealGM is taking into account, either.

CeltsSteve